If we have a quick peek at decade that went by, we will see that online poker games have had a successful time. There is a growing popularity and increasing number of websites which provide the online poker games for the players. Earlier, poker was restricted to traditional poker rooms and casinos. But now, the world of poker gaming has changed completely with more players playing online rather than in traditional rooms. Even the number of players who play poker both professionally as well as casually have increased and majority of them prefer to play on internet.
A huge entry of new poker lovers is been seen since the time Chris Moneymaker won the World Series of Poker in year 2003. If we look a bit deep, we can see that there exist different types of online poker games which are available for playing in various online poker rooms:
- TexasHoldem – it is considered as the best and the most renowned form of online poker gaming. Nearly every poker room today offers this Texas Holdem for the players.
- Omaha– It is one of the games which is gaining popularity in the recent times and is one of those games which is played with 4 cards each.
- 7 Card Stud – this again is one of the classic games of poker and it found on majority of the poker rooms online
- Ring Games – These are the games which are even known as cash games and are only played with real cash. Majority of the poker rooms online offer a good number of different stakes for the players who opt for playing these games
- 5 Card Draw – it’s one of the rarest kinds which is not available in all the poker rooms but still available in a few.
- Multi Table Tournaments (MTT) – these attract a huge numbers of players in the quantity of thousands to play in a single tournament. The way to play in such tournaments is to buy-in in the tournament. And the prize money is generated from the cash everyone pools in as an entry. The players who finish and tops get the prize pool.
- Stands for Sit & go tournaments (SNG) – these are kinds of mini tournaments and thus don’t last for a long period. These tournaments have around 9-10 players generally, but in case of exceptions can have 2 and 3 tables with 18 and 27 players on them respectively.
- Satellites – these are the kinds of tournaments where the players can start with a very small level and can end up making it big. These are the ones which help the players to get hold of entering into the big tournaments, as it also gives away the tickets for them like WSOP and not cash money. Infact, a majority of poker pros we have today are the ones who won the tickets from Satellites to participate in big tournaments.
Here, we have just shared a few of the renowned ones, but there exists more such games available on internet for the players. These are the games which not only give the players the opportunity to get big bucks and name for themselves but also the opportunity to turn into a pro from a beginner level.