Online gambling is banned in the United States, but in the neighboring Canada, it is absolutely legal. And not just that, Canada is reputed for hosting some of the best online poker game sites. Canadian players can now sign up at any poker site and play confidently and legally.
How to choose a good Canadian online poker site? If you’re new to online poker, you’re sure going to find it difficult to choose the best online poker game site in Canada. There are some that woo players with bonuses and promos, and others just work hard to meet players’ expectations.
- Software used: The quality of the online poker game software that will bring in players. It should run on the best software platform for gaming, and so provide players with the best online poker experience.
- High volume of traffic: The site you choose should be a busy one with loads of players coming in to play there. See what the action is like in the Canadian online poker room before you choose your site. Check that the site also provides the format of the game that you choose.
- Amazing bonuses: An attractive bonus would surely tilt the scales in a particular site’s favor, so join sites that offer hefty incentives.
Where to deposit your money online: Online poker sites offer a large selection of deposit options where players can deposit their funds. These include:
- Firepay: This is an eWallet third party method of depositing money.
- PayPal Poker: This is a blanket name for a group of online poker rooms that accept funds in your Paypal account.
- Neteller: Again an eWallet third party method of depositing funds in an online account, it is very popular with online Canadian poker players.
- Visa Electron: You can safely trust Visa Electron to park money in your online poker account.
- Western Union: Here, you will have to enter a branch of Western Unionto make your deposit.
Due to the controversies surrounding online poker in the US, people generally believe that Canada holds the same opinion as the US in this area. However, the truth is that Canada unlike America has made online poker legal and does not ban its citizens from playing this game. In fact, some of the world’s most respected poker sites are in Canada. This country is also home to the Kahnawake Gaming Commission, which is one of the most respected licensing authorities in the online gaming industry.
However, laws in Canada restrict the use of media to advertise online poker.
Since Canadian online poker playing is legal in Canada, people can play this game fearlessly. Canadian law does not ban players from accessing sites located outside the country. They are allowed to send money electronically to online poker game sites.