The learning styles in Texas Holdem Learning process do not just limit themselves to the auditory and visual learning but expands to another yet very interesting way of learning called the kinaesthetic learning. The kinaesthetic or tactile learner learns with the skin as the sensory organ and is based on the touch. Learning through the kinaesthetic way involves the learning through actions and movements which constitutes the learning of a learner of this sort by manipulating and handling things with the emotions as a driving force.
It is important that one determines one’s own style of learning. Following is a list of some traits that are characteristic of kinaesthetic learner.
- A kinaesthetic learner would trust his gut and his instincts to make decisions at the poker table.
- A kinaesthetic learner often keeps fiddling with his chips at the poker table and can also have a sleight of hand with the chips.
- On taking a big decision say all-in, this type of learner gets the urge to walk around.
- While playing online poker, this player could be seen indulged in other activities like squeezing a ball, fiddling with a pencil or can even be noticed to change positions frequently.
- This sort of a learner recalls the emotions he went through on recounting a past experience.
- A kinaesthetic learner has an exceptionally good sense of direction.
- This sort of a learner likes to spend his/her leisure time by doing something creative.
- Assembling a product/gadget without much help from the manual is another talent that this learner boasts of.
- A kinaesthetic learner is a careful shopper and often tests the appliances/products when he/she buys them.
- This learner expresses emotions through various touches like hugs, kisses and even expresses anger in a tangible sort of a way, like by slamming doors or even stomping his/her feet.
- This learner has a soft spot for sports and likes to think of himself/herself as an athlete.
- Long sittings in one position are tough for this type of a learner.
- A kinaesthetic learner can work things up to his/her advantage and is often hyperactive. Also a kinaesthetic learner always keeps learning and never stops.
- Kinaesthetic learners should learn on the move by teaming up the learning process with a physical activity and should also take breaks between each learning session.
- It is important that you get the big picture of the learning content before the learning process actually starts for you. Also, the use of coloured transparent sheets has helped people with problems in focussing to focus better.
- It is important for the player to feel comfortable at the poker table as this would help him concentrate more on the game.
- Classical baroque music can help a learner of this sort with his/her concentration. Also, one should avoid listening to heavy music with rhythmic beats if one learns this way.
- Other games like chess and backgammon which require a specific strategy and the ability to see gauge your opponents move can also help you develop better poker skills.
- Don’t let your emotions play while at the poker table and take decisions with a calm head.
A kinaesthetic learner has a plethora of manipulative poker resources available to help him on his way to the poker greatness; the challenging task being the use of these resources to their full benefit.